Sunday, February 21, 2010

Time Flies When You're Crazy Busy

I can't believe my last posting was January 31st!  But things have been pretty busy in my world.  This will be just an update to get back in touch!

Hubby had knee surgery.  They fixed the meniscus which was a bit damage and we were worried about his ACL.  His surgeon didn't touch his ACL this time - but he definitely wants to talk some more about it - so it does look like he'll be having more knee surgery - we just don't know when.  He has his follow up appointment this coming week so we'll see what the surgeon has to say!

I was then in Spruce Grove - just north of Edmonton for a Ringette Tournament.  And even though we went 2-1 in the round robin - we got bumped from the final by having to go to a 3rd tie-breaker rule.  It was quite frustrating to not make it the final.  But we did have a good night bonding with the team and there was quite a bit of drinking......a good weekend heading into our playoffs which start in a couple of weeks.

The house is really starting to come together - still no pics of the new craft room as it's not quite finished.  Still want a couple of more pieces to put it all together.  I'm hoping that it'll be more or less done by the end of this month and I'll be able to post some pictures.

I finally caved and bought a Cricket Expressions.  I've been back and forth on whether or not to get one and hubby and I were at Michaels getting some framing done and I was back over in the area looking at them.  The cartridges were on sale and they had the Breast Cancer special Edition one - so - finally bit the bullet and got it.  Haven't had much time to play with it yet - but Tracy did come over and helped me break it in!

And now the Olympics are on and I am an Olympic Snob - I love the Olympics so I watch as much as I can and being in Vancouver which is an amazing city - they time difference is only an hour so it works out very well for me!  Some of the Olympics that have been in other parts of the world really screws up my sleep for two weeks!  But with them being so close - I get home from work and the nights we are not out - I'm on my couch from 5:o0 until Midnight watching all the action!  The Olympics is in essence true athleticism at it's best.  It's where anything can happen and the underdog can come out on top.   And the emotion these competitors show are true and so very honest that you  can't help feel what they are experiencing.   And makes you want to be part of it.  The Visa Commercials with Morgan Freedman narrating are the best.  GO WORLD is right.  The Olympics always have an underlying message of peace and hope for the world.  Hopefully that underlying message can come through in every day life and not just every two years.

Anyhow - that's my udpate for now....sorry for the delay - and I'll try and post again next week with some actual pictures of stuff I've made!  I know I'll be working on Tracy's Christmas Challenge again!

Thanks for Stoppin' by!

Little D

2 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Looking forward to those pics!!Hope the party went well yesterday. :0)

Merlie said...

I'm waiting too!