Friday, June 12, 2009

Nieces and Nephews - Oh My!!

Spring is finally here and seems to be sticking around.  And June is another busy month for us.  Birthday for my niece and nephew, anniversary for my older sister - their 2oth this year!  And me and my hubby have a special anniversary as well.  On the 16th we will have been together for 21 years!  My gosh...time flies when you're having fun!

Three years ago on June 15th, this amazing little angel came into our lives.  This is my 3 year old Niece Machayla.  My younger sister named her Machayla with the unique spelling for a couple of reasons.   Both our family and my brother in law's family have Scottish routes  - me and my two sisters are first generation Canadian - my parents are from Scotland so it has a bit of a gaelic twist on it.  And the second reason is because of my Dad.  My maiden name is MacCluskey - so my dad was always called Mac.  My dad passed away in August 1998 And of course - with Machayla, we now call her Mac.  She is a lot of fun and I love spending every chance I get with her - which, sadly - is not nearly enough for me!  We are going to Calaway Park tomorrow and then having brunch on Sunday to celebrate her birthday.

This is her card that I've made, which
 is also Mojo Monday Sketch #90. I really like the way the colors came together and of course I love my fairy stamps from The Greeting Farm.  

I colored the fairy using  - but of course - Copic markers - which I still really love using!  And I'm definitely getting more and more comfortable using them.

I used YG01 and YG03 for the dress, YR23, Y26, E33 for the hair and C1 and C3 for the wings.  You can't really see in the picture  but I've used glitter pen on the wings to give it that extra sparkle

At the opposite end of the spectrum is my oldest nephew, who turned 21 on the 1st of June!  He is also an angel - in his own way.  He ran the Uncover the Cure run last weekend and as promised - I have pictures!  I'm sure he'll be thrilled when he knows I've posted the pictures here!  He's is very kind and has a huge heart - on most days!  And he's a cuddler - he likes to hug.  And what else is huggable??  That's right - a Bunny!


This is him posing just after I presented him with his outfit.  He was a great sport about the whole thing!  This is actually a very special event for me and my hubby as his Step-Dad passed away from Prostate Cancer.  Next year me and my two sisters are going to do the 5 K walk....I can guarantee I won't be wearing anything this revealing - but I'm sure there will be some sort of wagering involved again!

Here we are at the end of the race!  He did really well.  He wanted to run it in 57 minutes and came in around the 48 minute marker.  I haven't heard his official time - but he did great!  He did have to take the ears off and carry them as the are apparently not very aerodynamic!

I still have another couple of cards to do this weekend but can't say what they are for - just in case they happen to stop by and see what I've done!  I'll have them posted soon!  And I might have a special project to work on.....but more on that much later!

Thanks for stoppin by!

Little D

2 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Okay...I am feeling REALLY old right now!!! Great pics! Enjoy your weekend with Mac. :0)

Jean said...

Really cute card - great coloring - and I LOVE it when stampers tell exactly what colors they use! I am so timid and am forever using someone else's combos. Thanks for sharing! By the way, the bunny is kind of cute too - both actually! :)