Sunday, October 18, 2009

Finally....Blogging Back to Normal? Not quite!

Okay - so it still amazes me how much goes by so quickly! Again our schedule has been crazy busy - but not really sure what we've been doing! LOL! We were in Seattle over Thanksgiving weekend with a couple of friends of ours to take in some Football and Seafood! I LOVE going to Seattle! And now I've discovered Nordstrom's Rack - I love it even more! The weekend was a great weekend! We go again in December and I know I'll be doing more shopping!


I apologize now as this will be a lengthy blog and several pictures! I've had several cards to make....We had Calgas on Friday night and I made this card for our challenge. It's a shower card I made for my sister and my Nephew, Jack who is already 5 weeks old!!


The sentiment below the images is 'Adorable'. Doesn't really show up on th picture very well. I used my Cuttlebug embossing folder on the back ground paper. I really like these colors together - and I just adore this image!

I also had to make a bridal shower card for a friend who is getting married in November and the shower was on Saturday. I just couldn't get any mojo happening on Friday. Played around with a few ideas - but just couldn't get it together. So Saturday morning I had to make my Nephew's time capsule for the shower and that's a whole lot of crafting stuff so that got my mojo flowing and was able to create this card for the bridal shower - which unfortunately I didn't make it to.

Me and another friend went in together for a gift card for Beds Bath and Beyond so had to make a gift card holder. I found this technique on SCS and thought it was really quite unique. Incredibly easy to do and I love how it looks! I used an embossing forlder for the dots and used a sponge stamp to go over the embossing details. Merlie used this technique at Calgals and I love how it looks!

This is the inside of the card and the gift card fits beautifully in the holder!







And since my mojo was flowing like it hasn't flowed in a very long time - I jumped on Tracy's Christmas Challenge for this month and completed my cards! Our challenge was to create gift card holders and since I loved how this turned out in my bridal shower card - I used the same technique in these cards as well.









Here are all 5!



So I know this was quite a winded post - but I still think the next few weeks are going to be hit and miss as we're getting ready to start the big move! November 15th will come awfully quickly and I haven't even started to pack! So I'll be busy getting things organized and packed. I can't wait until I'm in my new craft room! I'll definitley post pictures as the space is quite unique!
I also made a birthday card for my friends little girl who turned 4 - but I'll get the posted later!
Thanks for stoppin' by!
Little D

6 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Wow! You were one busy girl yesterday! Love, love, love the cards! I am still trying to come up with mine!!! ;0)

Allison Rankin said...

You got a move on after I left...the card with the dress turned out great! Now keep going...ha ha!

mudmaven said...

Such nice cards! What was that technique called for the gift card holder? I searched on SCS but couldn't find it. ~chris

Rita said...

You have been busy girl! These are all beautiful!

Merlie said...

Maybe we should of stayed after midnight at Nancy's. Love the cards!!! I so totally dig the gift card.

Froggietalks said...

I love the pattern you used for the gift card holders! Do you mind sharing the pattern, or can you link to the pattern on the Net?

Karen G